Well I’ve almost reached the end of a full month of menu planning, and I have loved it!! I admit that I totally thought I couldn’t do it and that this would be way scary and frustrating to try to come up with our meals for 30 days. But I’ve enjoyed the flexibility of being able to swap out meals! And I’ve loved the variety! That’s definitely my #1 take away!
On to the menu for the week…
- Our usual eggs and oatmeal will certainly make an appearance. Along with my chai latte.
- We will also have banana bread (because I got an awesome deal on ripe bananas – post to come!) and more green monster smoothies. Huge hit around here! Great way to integrate veggies! And sometimes it’s a great after nap (baby’s nap, that is) snack!
- Leftovers, cuties (we have lots!), and grilled cheese!
- Lunch date on Friday with the hubs! We are headed to Studio Movie Grill (with a Groupon we bought!) to see The Hunger Games! Yea!
Chicken pot pie – This was on the menu last week, but we didn’t have it. Some friends invited us over to grill burgers instead!Once again, didn’t happen.
- Tomato basil soup, grilled cheese (on homemade bread), salad.
- Pesto chicken, rice, bread, broccoli - Broccoli seems odd here, but it’s what I bought at the store…
- King ranch chicken casserole – I’m bringing this to a sick friend also!
- Go out? - I left a meal out, thinking we’d go out, but after our date on Friday, we may be finished with “going out” money. So I may get creative! A friend made an amazing pasta salad the other night, so I may need to try to recreate it myself!
- Leftovers x2 (Hubby will be gone for 2 dinners this week.)
Just an update – This chicken noodle soup recipe is AMAZING! Made it last week, and it was a big hit!
Anyone else do monthly meal plans? What’s the verdict at your house?