I know I have said this before, but I’ll say it again – I am loving this monthly meal planning business! Sure it takes effort to come up with 20 different meals (factor in eating out, leftovers, and repeats), but I love at the beginning of each week that instead of saying “grilled cheese AGAIN,” I am excited about what is for dinner in the week ahead!
So, what lies ahead for us?
- Green monster smoothie – getting in those greens!
- And the normal – eggs, banana, and oatmeal
- Leftovers – We are boring!
- Lentil soup from the freezer and grilled cheese …I realize I have put this on our lunch or dinner menu three weeks in a row, but really we’ve barely had it. I love having go-to freezer options!
- Tortilla soup (Skipping the chicken this round! And the recipe I normally link to is so off from what I now do, that I’m just adding it to my list to post my recipe in the near future.)
- Little quinoa patties, black beans, corn bread – served with sour cream, cheese, salsa …a little Southwestern flare! And since Tuesday is my day for a friend’s care calendar, I am making these for her family as well!
- Date Night! Go out to eat.
- Sloppy joes, sweet potato fries
- Lasagna roll-ups, salad, bread
- King ranch chicken casserole – I am if-y on this one. I guess it depends on our leftover situation!
Also I wanted to update you. Last week I tried a new recipe for honey sesame chicken. It was awesome!I served it over rice and with broccoli. Yummy!
Lastly, maybe it’s just my crockpot, but for every chicken recipe, it seems that I only need to let it cook 1.5-2 hours on LOW. Most call for around 2-3 on high and closer to 4 or 5 on low — does anyone else notice such a discrepancy??
What are y’all eating this week?