I have to credit my sister-in-law, Tarryn, for this wonderful recipe. I have been hesitant to try cooking salmon because I had heard it can be so easy to overcook. But after my father-in-law was just raving about this dish, I knew I needed to try it! And I was pleasantly surprised with how easy and yummy it is! I have already made it on three different occasions!
- 1 lb salmon
- 1 T dijon mustard
- 1 T honey
- 1 T minced garlic
- 1 T soy sauce
- 1 T brown sugar
Obviously, this recipe is really easy to double, too.
- Put oven on broil. (Or you can set your oven just on 500F.)
- Put salmon in a gallon size ziplock bag.
- Mix all the ingredients in bowl and pour over salmon in the ziplock bag. Seal bag and “coat” salmon with your hands. I massage the salmon.
- Put in the fridge for 15-20 minutes. In the meantime, I make the salad or get the veggies and rice going on the stove. This works out to be the perfect timing.
- Put the salmon on a cookie sheet. Skin down. Uncovered.
- Broil for about 5 minutes.
- Test if it’s done with a fork. And serve!