We are running low on eggs, which tends to happen in the summer since hens lay less (or not at all) when it gets into the 90′s. Our red girls (“Clara Belle” and “Henrietta”) are actually still laying pretty regularly, but our black and white speckled (“Josephine”) has laid very few eggs this summer. Since our egg supply is lower than usual, I am trying to come up with other great yet healthy breakfast options! I’d love any suggestions from you all!
- Steel cut oats and bananas
- Eggs, breakfast sausage
- Parfaits, using crock pot yogurt and berries, and the healthiest muffins ever
- Turkey and cheese wraps/ sandwiches
- Leftovers x2
- Dinner at church
- Quesadillas (from leftover taco stuff and chicken)
- Crock pot baked potato soup
- Cheesy chicken and rice bake
- Sloppy joes and a side (Side is TBD. Homemade mac and cheese would go well with this.)
- Popcorn – I just bought a pack of organic kernels on Amazon, which I’m psyched about because no GMO! I’m really hoping hubby lets us get a hot air popper!
- Apple sauce (for Lilleigh)
- Fake Gogurts (also for Lil)
Any great Pinterest recipe finds? Also any great healthy snack ideas for little ones?