What should one do with so many Granny Smith apples, Great Value pie crusts, and imperial sugar Dr Peppers?
Have an apple pie baking party with a bunch of friends, of course! Next weekend, I’ll be hosting several friends to get a head start on Thanksgiving Day baking! We will be making my Aunt Rae-Dean’s famous apple pies and these cute mini apple pies baked in apples! My aunt’s recipe is below. It’s famous in our family! The best I’ve ever had!
Aunt Rae-Dean’s Famous Apple Pie
- 6-8 Golden Delicious or Granny Smith apples, pared, cored, and thinly sliced (6 c.)
- 2/3 c. brown sugar
- 1/3 c. sugar
- 4 T flour
- 1 t. ground cinnamon
- Dash of nutmeg
- 2 T butter
- 2- 9 inch pie crusts (premade or homemade)
- Combine sugar, flour, and spices. Mix with apples.
- Line 9-inch pie plate with pastry. Fill with apple mixture, and dot with butter.
- Adjust top crust, cutting slits for steam to escape. Seal.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon sugar.
- Bake at 400F for 50 minutes.
Enjoy!! I can’t wait to update you on our baking party!
This is a sponsored post.