Doing gluten-free trial and not posting menu plans on here really freed me up to think about other areas of the blog. So I’m going to start posting these menu plans monthly. I’ll include meal ideas I plan to use throughout the month. Any new ones that I use during the month, I’ll link to on the next month’s menu post so that I don’t forget to share any great finds with you guys!
Below you will find our menu for the month of April. I have a menu planning calendar that I fill in for four weeks at a time. Of course, when I write this, my meals are not set in stone. I can change things or swap them around, or even drop a meal altogether if we decide to go out or have too many leftovers. But this menu is invaluable to me on a daily basis. The hour or two that I put into planning this meals at the beginning of the month saves me time in the long run, since I know each day what I am cooking that night, and each time I go to the grocery store, I already know what I need to make meals that week! A monthly menu plan may be a new concept to you, but we love it here!
- Healthiest muffins ever
- Fried eggs, fruit
- Green smoothies
- Scrambled eggs, fruit
- Yogurt parfaits with fresh fruit and homemade granola
- Biscuits with eggs
- Turkey and cheese lettuce wraps
- PBJ, apple slices
- Snacky lunches, usually consisting of humus and carrots, apple sauce, fruit, cheese and crackers, or the like
- Chicken chili
- Hot dog sandwiches
- Grilled cheese, sweet potato fries
- Revolutionary macaroni and cheese… possibly with some leftover taco meat added to it
- Kale salad
- Homemade pizza with tomatoes and green peppers on top
- Chicken pot pie with biscuit topping
- Tacos – taco meat, lettuce, tomatoes, cheese, yogurt (in lieu of sour cream), and tortillas… or possibly served on a bed of lettuce
- Chicken tetrazzini
- Rosemary chicken, mashed potatoes, salad
- Refried beans and Mexican rice, served with tortillas
- Meatballs with marinara served over spaghetti squash noodles
- Mahshe, mashed potatoes, salad or veggie
- Cheesy broccoli/chicken/rice casserole
- Taco soup, cornbread
- Chili, cornbread
- Potato/Bell pepper/Sausage bake – cubed, drizzled with EVOO and salt, and baked at 350
- Sausage, sweet potato fries, veggie
- Stuffed bell peppers
Many of these dinners I double and put in the freezer to use later on a busy day.
I also have been serving kale salad with our dinners a lot lately. Add some feta cheese, dried cranberries or apple slices, and vinaigrette – YUM!
- Yogurt parfaits
- Fresh juice/popsicles
- Peanut butter/chocolate chip/cranberry bars
- Oatmeal raisin cookies (and non-raisin ones for hubby, who hates raisins)
- Baked cinnamon apples
- Homemade banana pudding with homemade whipped cream
Do you meal plan? Monthly? Weekly?