Quiche has become a great way to use less meat and to make the most of our eggs! It’s a yummy dinner – both plain and loaded with veggies!
- 3-4 eggs, depending on how many veggies and extras you use. If you do a plain quiche, I would use 5 or 6.
- 1 c. cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 c. chopped ham (optional)
- 1 c. whole milk
- 1/2 t. salt
- 2 T flour (I use whole wheat.)
- 1 pie crust (I prefer homemade… I use the recipe on the back of my bag of organic pastry flour.)
- Optional: chopped onions, peppers, mushrooms, spinach, whatever floats your boat!
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Grease pie dish and lay pie crust in it.
- Mix together eggs, cheese, ham, milk, salt, flour, and any extras.
- Place ham, cheese, and any extras in the dish, on top of the crust.
- Pour the egg mixture over this.
- Bake at 350F for 45-55 minutes, until slightly golden brown.
What all do you put in quiche? I’d love more ideas!